[LA.pm] Is Perl alive in Los Angeles?

Jordan Coleman jordan at JordanColeman.com
Wed May 6 20:27:26 PDT 2009

So, is LosAngeles.pm alive?  Just moved to the area from New York,
having been a member of NY.pm for something like a decade.  I'm hoping
to meet some folks from the local Perl community.

Briefest of intros:  I design custom embedded and control systems for
the experiential entertainment industry (theme parks, cruise ships,
museums, etc.).  Perl is my primary thinking language and, in fact,
ends up being the main workhorse of many of my clients' projects.
Among my claims to fame, I've used Perl inside numerous embedded
(diskless, headless, fanless) devices that I've built for my clients
over the years, including a custom 802.11 transciever bolted to the
antenna mast of a 148-foot private yacht.

++J