[LA.pm] webcast of tech talks

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Wed Mar 14 10:24:49 PDT 2007

I think YouTube is a great idea, but we still have to think through a
bit on the overall issue of privacy and copyright of materials, etc.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: losangeles-pm-bounces+tcc=ticketmaster.com at pm.org
[mailto:losangeles-pm-bounces+tcc=ticketmaster.com at pm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:00 PM
To: pete
Cc: losangeles-pm at pm.org
Subject: Re: [LA.pm] webcast of tech talks

Hi,

> Let's come up with some ideas for making the TechTalkCasts widely
> available, for example:
> - BitTorrents,
> - P2P file sharing networks,
> - A central repository on or linked at pm.org (would the Perl
> Foundation be interested in funding such effort? Would people be
> interested in setting up and administering the repos?)
> - Each PM group responsible for maintaining their own casts.
> Other ideas, suggestions?
> It would be great if we could make this happen as a community.

The organizers of SCALE were discussing a similar issue recently, one
of the ideas suggested was to use YouTube / Google Video.

I think a system that acted like a public directory, where each PM can
manage links to their tech talks uploaded to the PM's preferred
service would require very light resources from TPF.

> > I'll talk to friends over the UUASC. I do think that they worked out
the
> > details of making their talks "public." I'll let you all know what I

I know they have slides at their website, I am not sure about audio /
video.

Juan