[LA.pm] webcast of tech talks

Juan Jose Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:00:29 PDT 2007

Hi,

> Let's come up with some ideas for making the TechTalkCasts widely
> available, for example:
> - BitTorrents,
> - P2P file sharing networks,
> - A central repository on or linked at pm.org (would the Perl
> Foundation be interested in funding such effort? Would people be
> interested in setting up and administering the repos?)
> - Each PM group responsible for maintaining their own casts.
> Other ideas, suggestions?
> It would be great if we could make this happen as a community.

The organizers of SCALE were discussing a similar issue recently, one
of the ideas suggested was to use YouTube / Google Video.

I think a system that acted like a public directory, where each PM can
manage links to their tech talks uploaded to the PM's preferred
service would require very light resources from TPF.

> > I'll talk to friends over the UUASC. I do think that they worked out the
> > details of making their talks "public." I'll let you all know what I

I know they have slides at their website, I am not sure about audio / video.

Juan