[LA.pm] webcast of tech talks

Pablo Velasquez pablo at paeli.com
Tue Mar 13 11:46:17 PDT 2007

Do you guys know of any perl mongers group that does broadcasting of their
tech talks in any way?

For example podcasts/video broadcasts, etc.

I know there are a lot of perl people in LA but with traffic being what it is,
it's not easy to go to the tech talks. So I was wondering if there is a way
to bring the tech talks to the people (the mountain comes to you deal).

There are certainly barriers to that idea for example:
1. the speaker might not want to be recorded on video/audio
2. if people ask questions you need a release form

And there are certainly a lot of ways of doing this, live broadcast, so the
feed goes away after that, or audio only, etc.

Anyway, just brainstorming on how LA perl folks can get more out of these
visits by great perl speakers...

-Pablo