[LA.pm] Short Notice!!! LA.pm Tech Talk: 03-12-07: brian d foy

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Thu Mar 8 11:54:18 PST 2007

I _know_ that this is short notice, but we have a special guest speaker
in town! brian d foy is here just this weekend and he's volunteered to
give an impromptu TechTalk this Monday night. Please add this to your
calendar.

Do plan to stay after the talk for a quick bite across the street at the
famous Red Rock bar ;) It's a good time to share thoughts, get a chance
to talk to brian, etc.

Mastering Perl

brian d foy will give us an informal presentation
on his new book "Mastering Perl."

A little about our speaker...

brian d foy: An icon in the world of perl! brian is known as the man to
started the perl mongers <http://www.pm.org/>  organization. He's also
the founder and editor of The Perl <http://www.theperlreview.com/>
Review. He's a writer and contributor to many CPAN modules and is
currently a consultant for Stonehenge <http://www.stonehenge.com/>
Consulting Services. For those of you familiar with the classic perl
texts, you will recognize brian as a co-author to the newest editions of
Learning Perl and Intermediate Perl. To piggyback on these great works,
brian will shortly be releasing Mastering Perl (the topic of his talk).

Date / Time :
  Monday, March 12, 20097; 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m

Location:
Ticketmaster Corporate Headquarters
8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Practical information you should know....

Please arrive a few minutes early if you can. I realize that traffic can
be difficult in LA but we're going to start as close to 7:00 p.m. as
possible. Ticketmaster is located on the southeast corner of Sunset
Blvd. and Palm Avenue. At night, it is hard to see the 8800 number on
our red brick building so be careful you don't drive past. Parking is
off of Palm Avenue. Please see the map link below for our location. When
you arrive, please pull into our parking structure below our building
unless you like getting parking tickets ;)  Please proceed to the
guard's desk and a Ticketmaster representative take you the movie
theater for this talk..

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q
<http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=8800+w.+sunset+blvd.+west+hollyw
ood,+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.092934,-118.380542&spn=0.025482,0.054245>
&hl=en&q=8800+w.+sunset+blvd.+west+hollywood,+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.0929
34,-118.380542&spn=0.025482,0.054245

RSVP Please

Finally, if you plan to attend, please RSVP to tcc at ticketmaster.com and
put "la.pm TechTalk" in the subject line. It is very helpful for us to
know how many people will arrive so we can make the necessary plans.

If you have any other questions, you can contact me directly.

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
310-360-2436
 <mailto:tcc at ticketmaster.com> tcc at ticketmaster.com