[LA.pm] About last night's meeting

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Aug 18 16:14:54 PDT 2007

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Hammond <ehammond at thinksome.com> writes:

Eric> However, I also heard quite a few comments that the Rent.com location
Eric> was far easier for folks to get to on a week night than the former
Eric> Hollywood venue; so I would give that site some credit and recommend
Eric> we continue having regular events there.

I'd second that.  I always felt like I was "invading" the other site,
especially with the strange parking and the signing in at the front desk.  And
the "no food or drink" rule was annoying... heck, rent.com even *provides* the
food and drink.  Nice.

Also, I forget precisely who I was talking to, but I would strongly encourage
la.pm to have *two* meetings a month... a *social* night which is just a "meet
at this restaurant at 7pm", and a *technical* night.  That's the formula that
we've found works in other places. And don't sweat too hard on making the
social night work for everybody.  Just pick a night and do it.