[LA.pm] First Tech Talk and Mark Your Calendar!

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Wed Mar 8 09:06:28 PST 2006

I wanted to thank all of you who could make it to the first tech talk of
this year! Randal's presentation was fantastic and I'm thrilled that we
filled our theater to it's capacity! We also had a good crowd for the
after-presentation dinner at the Red Rock.

I also learned a few things in the process which I'll improve when
announcing the next event.

1). Better directions to our location.
2). Clearer directions regarding parking.
3). Better RSVP system (emails just don't cut it!)

The next planned event is for Geoffrey Young (co-author of the "Mod_Perl
Developers Cookbook") to speak when he's in town. I'll warn you now that
I'll have little warning as to when this will occur, so this is one of those
exceptions where we'll plan the event based on the speaker's availability.

All regularly scheduled talks (with the exemption of this month), will be
held on the last Tuesday of the month. Mark your calendars. I'll update you
on the Geoffrey's talk as soon as I can.

Regards,

Todd

todd cranston-cuebas -- senior technical recruiter
tcc at ticketmaster.com
ticketmaster (NASDAQ: IACI)
8800 sunset blvd . west hollywood, ca . 90069
voice 310-360-2436 . mobile: 310-422-3347
http://www.ticketmaster.com/careers/ <http://www.ticketmaster.com/careers/>