[LA.pm] Problem with FastCGI under Apache 2

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin+lapm at scaldeferri.com
Thu Feb 9 18:40:31 PST 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Benjamin J. Tilly wrote:

> I know the problems, but I'll continue using them unless you can offer
> another way to break out of a call to DBI's connect_cached within a
> fixed (fairly short) time.

If you have a known badly behaved call, and you have to meet strict
SLAs, and you are not willing to tolerate undefined behavior in your
application, and you are dedicated to Perl, the only method I know of
is to hide the naughty call behind some type of IPC.  The IPC calls all
work nicely, so your server process never hangs, even if the helper
process gets stuck.

-kevin