[LA.pm] Hollywood commute and LinuxMovies.org

Robin Rowe rower at movieeditor.com
Thu Feb 2 18:25:09 PST 2006

Allen,

 > I commute between Culver City and Westwood, and sadly
> find the Hollywood meetings impossible to attend.  I have
 > yet to attend a Linux Movies meeting after > 4 years of
 > receiving announcements for them.

Hey, we'll get you there yet! The commute isn't so bad if you take
Melrose all the way. It's stop-and-go, but moves quickly.

Just so you know, you missed a great meeting last night. We had the
Pixel Farm folks from London presenting PFTrack. That does motion
tracking without markers, deduces the position of the camera in 3d space
from the motion and parallax of the moving image. Great for doing
match-move of 3d elements with existing footage. Had about 20 people at
the meeting at RFX.

Maybe you can make it to the LinuxMovies.org meeting next week?
SpectSoft will be showing off their HDTV/DI digital disk recorder in the
161-seat theater at Raleigh Studios. That's across the street from
Paramount in Hollywood near Melrose and Vine.

Cheers,

Robin
--
www.linuxmovies.org