[LA.pm] Geek Banquet

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Tue Oct 25 10:01:46 PDT 2005

Robert,

That's an interesting idea. If people like that idea, well we have a full
movie theater in our building. I'd just need to know which night and
schedule ahead.

I was thinking though that since this is also a perl mongers thing, could
advocacy and attracting newbies also be a goal? I'd love to see the local
perl community sponsor events like the local PHP groups are doing. The local
LAMP group is sponsoring weekly classes in PHP, OO PHP, mySQL, etc. all for
free and aimed totally at the complete newbie. It's pretty impressive
actually. I don't know enough perl to be of much help, but I can provide
some facilities, social networking and support ;)

Todd