[LA.pm] Geek Banquet

James Pitts jamespitts at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 00:15:45 PDT 2005

Robert, this is a great idea. The LA tech scene does lack cohesion,
even if cohesion is just having a time and a place to get together and
party. I'd definitely like to help out with something like this.

I'll throw a few more ideas into the mix:

- some demos of dangerous technology (although not going as far as to
invite the Survival Research Labs)
- invite venture capitalists who would host a private round of 5-minute
startup pitches
- awards ceremony for cool software projects at USC, UCLA, Cal Tech,
etc
- cook up an important-sounding award for a geek celeb who just might
show up :)

- James