[LA.pm] Geek Banquet

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Sat Oct 22 21:25:51 PDT 2005

A few weeks ago I had a neat idea -

    A Los Angeles Geek Banquet.

General idea:

    Rent a restaurant.

    Charge at cost to attend.

    Setup a wireless network.

    Setup power strips.

    Get a lot of LA area geeks together in one room with food.

    Force ("encourage") people to sit with people they don't know.

    Networking ensues.

Worst case, people have some hopefully good food.

Best case, people loose and fragmented LA technology market get to
know each other a little better.

ANYWAY-

    I don't have time to organize this.

    If anyone else likes the idea, please run with it.  I know there
    are several companies who might be interested in sponsoring it as
    a recruiting event... but that wasn't my primary goal.

-R

(p.s. expect a West-Side LAPM event sometime in the next few weeks)