[LA.pm] Parallel::Simple

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin+lapm at scaldeferri.com
Sat Feb 26 00:33:34 PST 2005

Hi Ofer,

On Feb 25, 2005, at 9:31 PM, Ofer Nave wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I just finished coding, testing, and documenting a module that I've
> written for CPAN.  I wanted to get some feedback here on it before I
> upload it.
>
> This is my first CPAN module ever, so please feel free to tear it
> apart.
> I'll take feedback on anything - design, code style, pod style, doc
> effectiveness, and especially bugs.

Here are a couple quick comments I had.

First, I think it's almost always good to 'use warnings'.

You probably ought to initialize $error and $return_values.  Otherwise
you might have some problems if someone did something odd like run()ing
no processes then checking the results.  You might also want to
explicitly reset those globals at the start of run() as well.

For that matter, there may be some other things that don't work out
right if the number of code refs to run is 0.

I also have an objection to the terminology you are using in the code
and documentation.  You refer to "blocks" when I think that you really
mean "code references".

> After some polishing up, I'll write some tests for it and package it
> up in
> the standard CPAN module format before uploading it.

tsk tsk... you should write your tests first!

Hope this is helpful,

Kevin