[LA.pm] modules for testing free disk space

Ofer Nave ofer at netapt.com
Fri Feb 11 14:53:46 PST 2005

In case anyone is interested:

Filesys::Df

Works, but seems to only be happy with the mount name, and not an
arbitrary directory under the mount.  Meaning, if you had a mount (say,
'/shared'), and a directory under the mount (say,
'/shared/ofer/project47'), then df( '/shared' ) works, but df(
'/shared/ofer/project47' ) doesn't.

Filesys::DiskSpace

Got the following error message:

"An error occured. statfs failed. Did you run h2ph?
Cannot use df on this machine (untested or unsupported). at ./foo.pl line
30"

Filesys::DiskFree

Flexible enough to take any directory, no errors... we have a winner!

-ofer