[LA.pm] RE LOAD Already

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Wed May 14 17:44:26 CDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 03:26:38PM -0700, ehammond at thinksome.com said:

> My company is paying for a movie outing on Friday afternoon at The
> Bridge (best theater near Santa Monica) but I would probably be
> interested in seeing it again.

I'm gonna see it at least 5 or 6 times, I'm sure. :)

> Scott Francis wrote:
> > lots of stuff in Old Town Pasadena (nice area to just hang out or
> > get a bite/brew/espresso) ...
>
> I put the Old Town Pasadena theaters on my blacklist and have not
> been there in a number of years.  I would avoid them unless somebody
> can confirm that they have been brought up to modern theater standards
> very recently--probably hard to do with the underground AMC there
> since the screens are so tiny.

I don't recall them being substandard the last time I was there, but that was
probably about a year ago.

> I think Pacific Paseo Stadium 14 is modern and has some good screens.
> It's not in Old Pasadena, but it is at the Paseo which is an ok
> hangout.

close enough - the Paseo screens are very nice; I go see movies there on a
regular basis. it's walking distance of Old Town too.

> My favorite theater in the San Gabriel valley is the Krikorian
> Monrovia Cinema 12 in Old Town Monrovia.  If Matrix Reloaded is
> showing on their LFX (Large Format Experience) screen, you'll have
> to try it out.

Oh yeah, the Krikorian is very nice. :) (actually going to see Reloaded there
on Thursday afternoon ... dunno if it's LFX or not, I'm buying tickets
tonight.)
--
Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net
      illum oportet crescere me autem minui