[LA.pm] FW: Perl Modules

Anthony Molinaro anthonym at overture.com
Tue Mar 4 12:38:12 CST 2003

Actually, I believe you may want to use PREFIX=~/perl, then set
your PERL5LIB path to include ~/perl/lib/perl5 and
~/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl.

So a quick example might be.

% perl Makefile.pl PREFIX=$HOME/perl
% make
% make install
% PERL5LIB=$HOME/perl/lib/perl5:$HOME/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl \
  perldoc -l New::Module

The final command should print out the path to the module which
should be in $HOME/perl/ somewhere.

-Anthony