[LA.pm] FW: Perl Modules

Jeremy Leader jleader at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 4 00:30:50 CST 2003

At 09:37 PM 3/3/03 , Arkadiy Sudarikov wrote:
>How do I install a Perl Module on a Unix-flavored machine if I don't have
>root, but a mere user account, with shell?

I believe you can configure the cpan program to pass LIB=~/perl
(or someplace else of your choice) to the "perl Makefile.PL"
command.  You'd probably also have to set your PERL5LIB path (and
perhaps also PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to search this directory
before searching the standard Perl directories.

Jeremy