LA.pm: coffee houses with 802.11b

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Mon May 13 10:24:43 CDT 2002

After several months of frustration at trying to find a coffee house in the
LA area that had

* 802.11b (or even wired) Internet access, preferably free
* decent coffee
* preferably an indie establishment

and finally narrowing the list to "anything with Internet access and some
kind of beverage available", and finding _nothing_, I finally just went and did
it myself.

Cafe Pop (818 S. Fair Oaks, Pasadena) now features free 802.11b, non-WEP'd,
DHCP'd access via a rr.com (hey, it's what was available) cable modem. A couple
of wired ports are available for those of you that haven't joined the modern
age yet. :)

So ... if you're in the Pasadena area and are looking for a good indie coffee
shop with great food and gratis Net access, look no further. :) Tell Hope
(owner) Scott sent you.

(website coming as soon as I get the domain transferred from previous owner.)
--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          sfrancis@ [work:]         t o n o s . c o m