Fwd: Re: LA.pm: Meeting

Samy Kamkar SKamkar at LucidX.com
Tue Jul 9 17:51:25 CDT 2002

Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:57:58 -0700
To: list at la.pm.org
From: Peter Benjamin <pete at peterbenjamin.com>
Subject: Re: LA.pm: Meeting

90403 Santa Monica

Note: Let's have 3 meetings.

One in Castaic - I'll have to miss that one.
One on the Beach - I'll make that one.
One in Long Beach - I might make that one, but the
   commute during rush hour is 2+ hours.

We can have the beach one this month while the weather is good.
All we need is a time and place.

The fire pits on the beach are first come first serve.
It gets dark at about 8:30.  Bring your sand chairs.
Grilling equipment like unbent coat hangers are not optional.
Everyone should bring their own cooking utensils and pots and pans.

We can start at 6 pm, which is likely the soonest any one can get there.
They can reserve the fire pit.

We'll need at least 3 arms full of firewood.  It is about
$4 at the supermarket.  There is no close supermarket,
so bring what wood you can.  Denser wood is better.
Wet wood will not be used.

I recall doing the fire pit at some beach near LAX.
I think it was south of the drive in camp site.
I do not have time to get down there to see this
week.  There was a parking lot we parked in.
I suggest using that location.

Pete

--
Samy Kamkar -- cp5 -- SKamkar at LucidX.com
LucidX.com / LA.pm.org / code.LucidX.com