LA.pm: Ski Trip

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Fri Jan 11 12:29:15 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:53:55AM -0500, jjames at atlantic.net said:
[snip]
> Actually Big Bear is at least 3 hours away.

From where in LA though? Robrt and myself would be coming from the 5 @
Burbank ...

> I am definitly interested.  I tend toward Big Bear or Snow Summit.  SS
> both share the mountain with Arrowhead (the water bottling company) the
> benefit here is that you can often get free bottled water at both parks!
> :).  If people are interested in snowboarding I would definitly head to
> SS they have everything from rails to half-pipes.  Mt High has the
> advantage of being closer though it has been explained to me that it's
> not as nice of a park and it will fill up much earlier than the other
> two.

I have ridden the slopes at SS and Mt. High both, and SS is probably the
nicer park. It's not much farther, either. (IIRC SS has the west side of
Arrowhead, and Big Bear the east, or something like that. Which would account
for SS being closer.)

> Of those that would be interested, would you be more interested in
> skiing or snowboarding?

snow blading, personally. I have my own set. :) It's like inline street/vert
skating, on snow. Very cool. Resemble two miniature snowboards, one on each
foot. http://www.skiboards.com for more info.

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          sfrancis@ [work:]         t o n o s . c o m