LA.pm: Some Topics and things for the March Meeting

Samy Kamkar SKamkar at LucidX.com
Fri Feb 8 22:32:46 CST 2002

> - Attending YAPC

YAPC should definately be a go (8)

>    - Would like to catch a ride with someone.

I'm hoping for a plane for this trip :) (1)

> - Presenting at YAPC

Not this year

> - CPAN

I use it when I need it (5)

> - Modules in CPAN

The same..(5)
> - New Modules in CPAN

I haven't kept up with new ones (1)

> - Differences between Perl and mod_Perl (not clear on the
>     mod_Perl build for Apache)

Got some answers already :) we can discuss this at the March meeting

> - What's new. (gossip)

We'll have fun with this at the meeting

> - LA.pm Plans for the rest of the year.

Will be good for the meeting as well :)

> - Linux

Eh...I haven't used Linux for a few years
so I don't know how behind I am,
I'm a BSD person and an interest of 8/10 to that

>   -- RedHat

2 (It gets a 2 rather than a 0 just because
the security issues are interesting)

>      --- Embedded Systems
>      --- Devices...
>      --- Tcl/Tk Application Development

s/Tcl/$^X/ # :)

>   --

> - WAP Devices
> - Apache
>     -- Unix/Linux
>     -- Windows

> - Security

Security++ (9)
I may have something to share on
screamingCobra (http://cobra.lucidx.com)

as well as the HTML engine at the meeting,

hope to get some feedback

> - Introduction to Perl - Presentation for those new to Perl

> - The Perl DBI - The Perl DataBase Interface, for
>     MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc..
>     -- PostgreSQL on WinX(NT/2000)
>        --- Admin with pgAdmin II
>     -- SQL Relay
>     -- Oracle
>     -- ODBC
>        --- Solaris
>        --- Linux
>        --- Windows

interest count of 6

> - Stump the Wizard- A game with prizes played with a Perl guru

> - Golf- The game of trying to accomplish a task in the shortest
>     code possible

9!

> - Templating Systems
>     -- SSI
>     -- HTML::Mason
>     -- HTML::Embperl
>     -- Apache::AxKit
>     -- Apache::ASP
>     -- Text::Template
>     -- Template Toolkit
>     -- HTML::Template
>     -- HTML_Tree
>     -- Apache::XPP
>     -- ePerl
>     -- CGI::FastTemplate
>
> - Apache XML
>     -- Xerces
>     -- Cocoon
>     -- AxKit
> - The Perl Debugger
> - What is Good Perl Programming Style
> - Optimizing Using the Perl Profiler
> - Perl Tools
> - Perl Religion- Whatever that means...
> - Perl Linguistics

Sa da tay!

> - Perl 6

interest of 8

> - Embedded Perl
> - Regular Expression Wizardry

Gotta love that (8)
> - Using Perl to Parse Things

HTML -- we'll talk about that one at the meeting :)

--
Samy Kamkar -- (877) 898-1424 -- cp5 at LucidX.com
LucidX.com / cobra.LucidX.com / LA.pm.org / code.LucidX.com