[LA.pm] Holiday Event

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Tue Dec 10 19:57:48 CST 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 04:08:48PM -0800, rspier at pobox.com said:

> Ok,
>
> I had one request for CPK (http://www.californiapizzakitchen.com/)
> because one LAPM member said:
>
>     "They have the best BBQ chicken pizza ever"

raising my hand here. :)

> But - CPK doesn't take reservations and they're expecting to be busy
> on Sat the 21st around Lunchtime.  They might hold a space for us for
> 15 minutes or so, but that will require an amazing amount of
> coordination on our part, which might not be the best idea.

Or ... one or two of us show up when we tell them we're coming, and we sit at
the table and wait for most everybody to show up. We can just RSVP on the
list here, and I volunteer to be the one to show up first. :) The CPK I was
thinking of is at 12255 Ventura Blvd just east of Whitsett Blvd (west of
Laurel Canyon).

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=12265+Ventura+Blvd.&csz=91604&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

> So -
>
>     Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions?
>
>     Criteria:
> 	- Should take reservations

I think we can work around that - I mean, if we have to wait, we just sit
outside and chat, which we'd be doing inside over food anyway. :)

> 	- Open Sat Dec 21st, Lunchtime
> 	- Good for groups of 8-15.
> 	- Relatively easy to get to

check, check, check

> 	- Has alternatives for any of our members with special dietary
> 	  needs/concerns/etc.

CPK has vegan and vegetarian options (_several_ of them, actually). Not to
mention pasta, salad and sandwiches, besides a few dozen varieties of great
pizza! Probably one of my favorite pizza places overall. Pretty reasonable
prices too - around ten bucks for dinner.

--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527