LA.pm: Getting to Saturday's meeting!

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Sat Oct 13 16:37:45 CDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 02:13:24PM -0700, Samy Kamkar [CommPort5] pontificated:
> Yeah, I hear those are cool.  I actually ordered one some time ago (but
> they stopped the offer a few days ago)...they said they sent it but I
> just gotta check my mail for it now.
> I also have to get a regular ethernet card for my laptop that works...I
> have two but neither work, any recommendations from anyone for just a
> regular eth card that works on both nix and win?

3com or IBM is your best bet for something that's hassle-free. I'm actually
using an old (REALLY old) IBM 'ethernet II' pcmcia NIC that only does 10mbps
(but then again, I never really use it, now that I have 802.11b running in
the house :) ).

> Hope you're havin fun too

so far, so good :)

--