LA.pm: Meeting this Saturday

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Fri Nov 9 21:03:49 CST 2001

Actually, it appears that it's not actually down, but I
can't get to it from within PBI[1].  (Doh!)  Anyway, to answer
my own question:

   11.10.2001 : Saturday, November 10th

   Address: The Blur, 1118 Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice
   (90291-3314)
   Big thanks to Duane for hosting the meeting again!

   Time: 4 PM on Saturday, November 10th

   Abe and Greg will be presenting a talk on source
   filtering, focusing on their attempts to write a source
   filter that utilizes encryption and bytecode. Their end
   goal is a mechanism for distributing propreitary perl
   applications in a 'compiled' manner, and they'd
   appreciate feedback from any perl mongers who might be
   able to debunk their obfuscation.

   Also, Scott will be speaking on "Practical Perl for
   System Administrators: A brief overview of Perl scripts I
   have used to solve annoying and potentially
   time-consuming problems as a system and network
   administrator in the past few years. Focus on automation
   and quick solutions, rather than necessarily on proper
   programming practice or software architecture."

[1] - PBI -> Pacific Bell Internet, or some such.  My DSL
and the website's DSL are both on the service.