LA.pm: Re: Meeting change? (was Re: Next meeting)

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Mon Jul 2 13:15:29 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:50:41AM -0700, Samy Kamkar [CommPort5] exclaimed:
[snip]
> If you're able/want to go to the meeting here in LA on the 28th..

check.

> If you want to go to SD instead on the 28th (or maybe leave sometime in
> the afternoon on the 27th)...

check. (no preference over the above)

> If you're going to defcon (13th-15th)...

I'd like to, but unlikely ...

> If you're going to toorcon (Sept. 28th-30th!)

check.

> If you'll still be at TPC Friday night/Saturday [27th/28th]

nope.

> [both tpc and toorcon are in SD and if we go to SD on the 27th/28th, I
> can round up a bunch of the toorcon people (mainly the ones running it)
> and we can hang out around there along with tpc people]

coolth.

> On a side note, I want to start having a set place and certain day of
> each month to have a meeting (such as the last saturday of every month
> at Cafe Pop :), looks like Cafe Pop is good place thanks to Scott so the
> meeting will always happen but we can still have social events on the
> side, what do you all think?

excellent. they make a killer iced mocha (and I am the resident italian soda
master ... ;) )

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
UNIX | IP networks | security | sysadmin | caffeine | BOFH | general geekery