panic: corrupt saved stack index

Mike Cantrell yomahz at devnull.org
Wed Nov 8 15:59:38 CST 2000

According to what I've read, that's a fatal error that should *never* occur
unless something is seriously wrong with the OS or Hardware (bad RAM?).
Here's a rather unhelpful entry from the perldiag:

     panic: corrupt saved stack index
     (P) The savestack was requested to restore more localized values than
           there are in the savestack.

     (P) - An internal error you should never see (trappable).

 Since it's trappable, you might be able to get a more verbose description
of
 the problem by using an eval. Wrap the problem line(s) in an eval:

 eval {
    someFunction(someArg);
 };

 print STDERR "Debug: $@\n";

 Again, I'd be suspicious of faulty memory or other OS
 corruption/configuration problems. It could also be the result of a badly
 installed/compiled module.. If you can provide the problem line(s) in
 question, we might be able to help a little more.

 Regards,
Mike Cantrell