LA.pm: Defcon! (cheap transportation and stuff)

Samy Kamkar [CommPort5] CommPort5 at LucidX.com
Sun Jul 9 13:04:46 CDT 2000

Who's up for some Defcon?  A few of us were talking about it today in
#LA.pm (on Efnet) and Jeff Yoak brought up vegasnow.com...Apperently for
$55 (a person) you can get to defcon, and $55 back.  Good thing is it's
all through vans, and we can get a great deal if we get the entire van
($720 round trip).  Also: "Take $20 off the roundtrip fare for each
additional passenger departing from the same location."  This'll save
even more if we get together before leaving.  So this was my thoughts:
On Thursday (AFTER 11 AM!) we can all meet somewhere (if we all take a
bus or something) for (?:l|br)unch, probably, and have a van arranged to
pick us all up there.  Then we get on our way to Las Vegas...Thursday we
can 'see the sites' and things like that.  And then leave ASAP after
defcon (when it ends on Sunday) and try to get back to LA before Monday,
this would be good so it doesn't interupt any more work/school :)  We
can stay till sometime Monday but it would be bad to stay any time after
Monday.  Now, if we get enough people (at least 7) we can get the entire
van for for less than $110 total (about $103 if 7 people, $90 with 8,
$80 with 9...), round trip.  Defcon is Friday-Sunday (July 28th-30th).
We already have a few people willing to come...so please email the list,
or directly to me if you wish, if you are willing to come!  Also tell us
what kind of accomodations you'll need for Las Vegas, because I can find
some hotels and other things and see who wants to pair up or anything.
Please email the list asap since there's not much time left :)
-Sam