Can you help verify belgian holidays for Date::Calc?

Stephane Rondal rondal at usa.net
Wed Apr 11 09:03:04 CDT 2001

> I don't know "commemorative".  Schools are closed, but most firms and
public
> services work as normal.  If Date::Calc is used for things as "calculate
15
> working days from now", it (02.11) should not be in the list.  If the only
> purpose is to mention special days, it's OK. In that case maybe we should
> include regional holidays?  (like "Feest van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap"
11.07
> in Flanders).

I think Date::Calc is able to distinguish between such different kinds of
holidays
(schools closed but not companies, ...), and it's really up to the user of
Date::Calc
to choose the behavior he wants.

For regional holidays, these are a bit tricky, aren't they?
I mean, what is closed on these days exactly? Schools, for sure,
but also political organizations depending on the French/Flemmish
community, or am I wrong? But this is still a normal working
day for private companies. How do you deal with this Steffen?

Stephane