LPM: Monday

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Mon Feb 12 13:40:53 CST 2001

At 02:28 PM 2/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I think I found Whitehall once, though I arrived late and forgot the room
>number.  Here's my possibly flawed directions:
>
>Go south on Limestone.  Shortly after you go past Virgina Ave., you should
>see the "semicirle" on the right, complete with guardhouse.

If coming from south Lexington (ie. toward downtown on Nicholasville Rd.)
you will be travelling north.  If coming from downtown, you will go south
on Upper St (or is it Mill St?) and turn left onto the circle when the road
becomes two-way near Arby's.

>Turn in to the
>semicircle and park there.

You'll have to convince the guard that you're going to a meeting.  Hope
they're in a good mood.

> From the top ("apex"?) of the semicircle, walk
>past the first row of buildings and bear a little to the right.  Continue
>wandering until you see a three-story squarish looking concrete building
>labeled "Whitehall".  It has sidewalks going pretty much all the way around
>it.  Inside there's a huge broad staircase at each of the four corners.  I
>believe we meet in room 208.  PLEASE CORRECT me if I'm wrong.

Whitehall is the building connected to the 18-story Patterson Office Tower
visible from much of Lexington.

>Based on my own experience at UK, if you can't park on the semicircle, pull
>back onto Limestone and drive in ever-widening concentric circles around
>the area until you find a parking spot that is both available and
>potentially legal.  (Someone once suggested the UK Bookstore parking lot,
>which is right around the corner on the Avenue of Champions/Euclid, but I'm
>not convinced they don't require UK permits.)
>
>Hope we both find it!

-d

--
David Hempy