LPM: Monday

Wesley Sheldahl wsheldahl at qx.net
Mon Feb 12 13:28:38 CST 2001

I think I found Whitehall once, though I arrived late and forgot the room
number.  Here's my possibly flawed directions:

Go south on Limestone.  Shortly after you go past Virgina Ave., you should
see the "semicirle" on the right, complete with guardhouse.  Turn in to the
semicircle and park there.  From the top ("apex"?) of the semicircle, walk
past the first row of buildings and bear a little to the right.  Continue
wandering until you see a three-story squarish looking concrete building
labeled "Whitehall".  It has sidewalks going pretty much all the way around
it.  Inside there's a huge broad staircase at each of the four corners.  I
believe we meet in room 208.  PLEASE CORRECT me if I'm wrong.

Based on my own experience at UK, if you can't park on the semicircle, pull
back onto Limestone and drive in ever-widening concentric circles around
the area until you find a parking spot that is both available and
potentially legal.  (Someone once suggested the UK Bookstore parking lot,
which is right around the corner on the Avenue of Champions/Euclid, but I'm
not convinced they don't require UK permits.)

Hope we both find it!

--
Wes Sheldahl
wsheldahl at qx.net