LPM: October meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Mon Sep 27 08:31:51 CDT 1999

Janine Ladick wrote:

> Dave suggested:
>
> > I would like to learn more about perlish ways of doing things.
>
> Perl idiom is a good topic for beginners and veterans alike.  I've
> been working with Perl for 5 years and I *still* do things the boring
> unPerlish way sometimes.

This sounds rather fun. Perhaps we can take something from Joe Hall's
book (Effective Perl) and something from the Cookbook, and do that each
time. In fact, this sounds like so much fun, I think I'll do it this
month. I'll try to tackle Dave's questions, and throw in something like
the Schwartzian Transform for good measure.

Don't worry, Mik, I won't cut into your time!

Rich
Rich Bowen - rbowen at rcbowen.com
Lexington Perl Mongers - http://lexington.pm.org/
PGP Key - http://www.rcbowen.com/pgp.txt