LPM: Next month's meeting

Janine Ladick janine.ladick at fetterprinting.com
Wed Jul 14 10:59:05 CDT 1999

I'm tempted to suggest that the next meeting be held at a circus, but
I don't think anyone would second the motion.  :-)

I kinda liked meeting at Joe's.  Yeah, it was noisy, but that made me
concentrate a little harder and pay better attention to the speakers.
 My TV isn't as large as the one behind the easel and I never watch
ESPN at home, so it was a pleasant change of pace to watch stuff like
fishing - I thought fishing on TV was a joke, but apparently it's not
- and guys rolling cars over with their bare hands.  (I've seen
cars rolled over before, but in Louisville we call those
"accidents.")  The food was good, too.

At my end of the table there were several folks who were just getting
started with Perl.  Does anyone else see merit in having a few
tutorials for the newbies?  I like last night's 2 speaker format;
perhaps in future meetings there could be one "how to" talk for the
beginners and an advanced topic for the gurus.  Sound reasonable?

Janine