LPM: Last night's meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Wed Jul 14 07:50:32 CDT 1999

Thanks to all the folks that attended last night's meeting, and put up
with the noise, and with us trying to shout over it. We need to find a
quieter place! A few places have been suggested, and other suggestions
are welcome. Any place with ESPN should probably be disqualified. ;-)

Nat Torkington was there, which was very nice. And, thanks to Nat, we
have a door prize to give out at the next meeting - a Magnetic Perl
Poetry kit - and we needto come up with some good way to decide who gets
it. I am caffeine-impaired this morning, and have no good ideas at the
moment.

Graydon told us about YAPC (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~lenzo/yapc/1999/ for
more details) and I spoke briefly about using Perl on NT to make my life
easier. Since I rushed through that rather fast, trying to yell over the
noise, I'll put my annotated notes up on the web site
(http://lexington.pm.org/) some time in the near future.

Rich
--
It seems to me as we make our own few circles 'round the sun
We get it backwards and our seven years go by like one