[KPUG] Building a Virtual Machine

Griffin Kelton griffin.kelton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:47:59 PDT 2012

Gryphon (or anyone else out there),

Is there any reason why using Debian 64-bit within Virtual Box, after
making changes to /etc/apt/source.list, every call to the server
ftp.us.debian.org or sources.debian.org returns the error: Could not
resolve [domain name]. I asked Debian to ping both domain names and
received the error: unknown host. I tripled check to make sure sources.list
was updated correctly. Additionally, both of the aforementioned URLs return
a result on my machine within a browser and *Debian 32-bit does not have
this issue*. Simply curious as to the cause.

Thanks,

Griffin Kelton
(919)306.1135
www.griffinkelton.com