[Kc] Catalyst Deployment

Jason Rush jason+kcpm at jlrush.com
Wed Sep 14 12:41:32 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> Yup. Just start here:
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/lib/Catalyst/Manual.pm
>
> Catalyst ships with a great development server. Once you've developed your application there are lots of deployment options (Starman and friends).

This is NOT a better solution.  If you cannot install or use Starman
and you already have an Apache instance running, you can run the
Catalyst controller through a CGI.  Not something I would want to use
in a production environment, but I did have to use it before due to
the many restrictions of the server (a few years ago).

Look in the script directory in your Catalyst application directory.
There should be a myapp_cgi.pl script (where myapp is the name of of
your Catalyst application).  You may need or want to copy that script
to a cgi-bin directory.  If so, remember to add the Catalyst
application's directory to Perl's library path:
e.g.  use lib '/path/to/MyApp/lib';

I used this a few years ago, so things have likely changed.
YMMV