[Jax.PM] [Admin] Posting

Jim Payne jim at bizsysdesign.com
Sun Oct 9 04:56:21 PDT 2005

Why don't we all do a little profile on ourselves to see if we have areas of
common interest?

I am an independent contractor providing customized business applications
using Perl/MySQL.  Most of my career has been spent doing CPA type jobs such
as Controller, CFO, and managing my own public practice.  Six plus years ago
I decided to try programming after seeing how effective customized web-based
software was in controlling overhead for a client.

I am using Conway's book "Perl Best Practices" as my main operational guide
and Subversion as my version program.  Most of the projects I do today are
OO using Class::Std.

My target clients are businesses that have multiple locations and sales
between 10 and 100 million.  My biggest problem is that I have not found an
effective marketing method yet that makes the phone ring regularly.

My interests are best practices, project planning, and Perl.  I do not have
any plans of changing to Ruby.

Jim Payne
www.bizsysdesign.com