[Jax.PM] [ADMIN POST] New member alert

j proctor jproctor at persons.marlboro.edu
Thu Sep 30 23:40:45 CDT 2004

>> Well, I'm still here, but I gotta tell you it's kinda hard to miss
>> someone you never see and hardly ever hear from.
>
> He is right you know, we never do see any more Jay  =/

Yeah, like the rest of you are so talkative.  6 messages in September
brings us up to, what, 7 for all of 2004?  :)

Waaaaait.  What's this about *me*?  You're the one who was talking about
nobody missing you, Sneex.  I already knew no one on the list remembers
me (unless my old buddy/roommate/nemesis Rico has joined and didn't get
the welcoming fanfare that Erinn did).  Heck, between grad school and
doing the weekend marriage thing, I barely remember me somedays.

[Pasted from another message, because most of you don't need two of me
and Bill trading friendly barbs...]

> Um, I happen to like the winds (120+MPH), the surf (flowing into my
> living room), and the Sun (baking us in 100+ humitidy afterward...)

Normally, I would make some wise-assed comment about being glad I'm out of
Florida, but (1) I was moving during the remnants of Frances, Ivan, and
Jeanne, and (2) Pennsylvania hasn't really fared a whole lot better--less
wind and less heat, but just about as much water.  Except ours doesn't go
out with the tide.

Like much of the northeast, I'm amazed that an area with so many hills has
no idea how drainage works.  I guess they all just assume the water will
flow away, and they don't have to think about it like y'all do down in the
flatlands.

>> Welcome, Erinn.

> Jay, too bad you're not around; Erinn runs the JaxLug now -- cracks the
> whip to keep all the boys in-line...

I'll go back to visit Jax someday.  Maybe.  My mom still lives in OP, but
the last couple times I've gone to see her, we've met at my grandmother's
house near Atlanta.  The airport there is less likely to be underwater.

And it's not like any of y'all have ever come to see me.