[JaxPM] Discussion/Presentation assistance

Aaron Johnson solution at gina.net
Fri Feb 1 11:11:53 CST 2002

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Aaron Johnson <solution at gina.net> wrote -

Hello Jax Perl  Mongers,

I am new to the Jax group, but not new to Perl.  I am considering making
an attempt at speaking at the June YAPC in St. Louis, but I need to go
over my material and make sure it is something that other Perl lovers
want to hear.  A small summary would be:

Dynamic web application creation using automation and consistency to
reduce development time.  I am working on a product (Open Source GNU,
Free, all the good words) code named ECOllaboration that provides a
complete web application base with the ability to easily extend it.  It
includes out of the box, Email, Chat, Discussion, Calendar, and Document
storage.

I am still refining the main classes and formalizing the security
system, but there is more then enough currently to discuss the
techniques used or to be used.  This project is a combination of what I
have learned/wanted over the last 5+ years of doing web application
development.

If anyone is interested in meeting with me to discuss this and help me
gel my thoughts I would be most thankful.  I live in Ocala, FL.

Aaron Johnson