[JaxPM] Should stop bouncing my own mail :(

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Tue May 1 08:54:21 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

> i'd love to go to YAPC, but both the cost of a trip to
> Montreal (airfare is $482 from TRI, and i bet cabfare
> from the airport to McGill and back is not cheap, and
> then there's food and the hotel-or-dorm-room and you're
> talking a $700-minimum trip) and my somewhat-provincial
> concerns about visiting a foreign country by myself
> are preventing me from going.

Bah!  I can't help it if you live near an airport that only has overpriced
airlines.  Drive to Knoxville or something.  Check flights to Burlington,
VT, and rent a car (or I could even pick you up if you're there while I'm
driving past).  And what's this about a foreign country? I thought Canada
was the 51st through 62nd states.  Or however many.  You know.  We let Tom
Green in; the least they can do is be friendly in return.

(Actually, on my one previous trip to Canada, the border "guard" going in
had the temperament of Doug McKenzie.  "You're Americans?  Go ahead in,
eh?"  "You need some ID or somethin'?"  "Naw.  Have fun, eh?"  It was the
Colonel-Klink-wannabe US guard coming back into NY that was a jackass.)

> i'm game.  i hadn't heard of WebCT before i just went
> to http://www.webct.com .  the first step is developing
> a spec.  anyone know where a spec for WebCT is?

WebCT is miserable, but I was still at least partly joking.  :)