[JaxPM] No meetings - yet...

Jax PM Moderator jacksonville-pm-list at pm.org
Tue Jan 25 08:52:40 CST 2000

On the Jax.PM jacksonville-pm-list;
Jax PM Moderator <jacksonville-pm-list at pm.org> wrote -

on 01/25/2000 5:42 AM, Doug Howk at dhowk at cybermax.net wrote:

>> blackgr at alltel.net Posted:
>>
>> Well... I've been meaning to get around to this for some time; guess now is
>> as good a time as any :-)
>>
>> I reside in Douglas, GA, and have been programming in a FoxPro environment
>> for four to five years now, using Linux, Perl, and Perl/Tk when I can. I've
>> been giving serious thought to relocating to Jacksonville later this year.
>> Would be happy to one day get out of a Microsoft centric development
>> environment but it certainly won't happen in Douglas. Anyone on the list
>> making their living to any degree with Perl?
>>
>> Also, I need to acquire five to ten Meg of web/ftp space to have a place to
>> drop my resume and source code for public access. I need something without
>> dial-up access and independent of my present ISP. Reasonable cost and
>> Linux friendly would be nice too :-) I'm looking for space that will
>> maintain continuity regardless of where I might be dialing in. Any advice
>> appreciated.
>>
>> So, no meetings yet I understand!? Anything in the works?
>>
>> Glynn Black        blackgr at alltel.net
>>
>> [Moderator's Note:  No, no meetings as of yet.]

For the past year I've been using Perl on Windows NT in support of a Navy
extranet web site. By the way, the company I work for is looking  for a web
developer ( if interested, please contact me at dhowk at cybermax.net).
Using Perl on NT has been a challenge, but there are increasing resources
such
as cgi.pm available. We are switching our databases from ms access to oracle
on NT. We have a HP-9000 that  we hope to get running as another possible
database server. We use LDAP server for authentication  & starting to use it
for process control. Besides Perl, we also use Cold Fusion an a database
interface ( almost the entire web site is dynamic, database driven).
Doug Howk

[Mdoerater's Note:  Headers have been fixed so that
replies are to the list and not to the moderator.  Thx  :]

The Jacksonville Perl Monger's Group is operated by -
Bill -Sneex- Jones ( sneex at usa.net ),
(NOTE:  This LIST is Moderated...)