Did you miss the meeting?

David Alan Gross dag at panix.com
Fri Mar 16 04:41:28 CST 2001

Hi everyone:

My apologies for the lack of line-wrapping in the quoted text: for some
reason the pine email user agent isn't obeying the line-wrap in the
original email.

Offhand I don't know of any other ways to position the cursor, but I'll
ask around.

Randal Schwartz recently posted to the ny.pm list on the value of
understanding the difference between scalar and list contexts.

By invoking list instead of the intended scalar context while reading in a
quotation, a student gave authorities reason to believe that he might be
bringing a gun to school.

There was an article about this case on slashdot.

So far it seems that the list has only four active members.  Where are all
the perl coders in the Hudson Valley?

dag