Did you miss the meeting?

Arthur Ramos Jr. aramos at sunyorange.edu
Thu Mar 15 20:45:52 CST 2001

Sadly, only Walt Joyce and I showed up for the meeting.  We are hoping to get some more bodies in next time around.  Even Jack didn't show up and he was a regular!

I had asked Walt if there was anyway to position the cursor on the screen without using perltk or ncurses?  Anyone have an answer other than NO?  I am trying to write a simple version of the linux utility "top" that will run under AIX on an RS/6000.  I don't like clearing the screen each time to refresh it.  Any help would be fine. The ncurses library cannot read AIX's terminal database. If I can't find a simple solution, I'll have to remedy that problem.

Anyhow, let's keep this mailing list active with perl talk and let's start talking about another meeting.

Art