[pm-h] JSON:PP compatibility issue with JSON::XS::Boolean

Reini Urban reini.urban at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:28:26 PST 2016

You really need custom sort blocks? Oh my, lot of work...  :) let's see

On Jan 15, 2016 00:07, "Michael R. Davis" <mrdvt92 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Reini,
> The Cpanel::JSON::XS docs say sort_by "currently only (un)sets the
canonical option, and ignores custom sort blocks."  That to me does not
mean operational.  But, are the docs wrong?

> You are right, all the JSON incompatibilities have really screwed up Perl
as being the go to tool for JSON.  This service that I have to write
against REALLY sucks that it requires JSON objects to be sorted.
> Mike

> From: Reini Urban <reini.urban at gmail.com>
>
> Everyone has those problems, that's why you should use Cpanel::JSON::XS
instead
> On Jan 14, 2016 22:36, "Michael R. Davis via Houston" <houston at pm.org>
wrote:

>> When encoding a JSON::XS::Boolean object with JSON::PP, I'm getting JSON
"null" instead of JSON "true" or "false".  I have to use JSON::PP for it's
sort_by capability in sending JSON but I use JSON::XS for performance in
decoding.