[pm-h] modulemaker alternatives?

Reini Urban rurban at cpan.org
Mon Jun 22 11:12:37 PDT 2015

I still use the old tricks generating EUMM (h2xs or cp -r and
search/replace in my editor or via sed) and just manually copy over
the release/distro tests from other modules.

Module::Starter with customized templates is recommended.

Dist::Zilla, Zilla::Dist and Module::Build are still too horrible and
fragile for me to use, esp. when testing with multiple perls.

META files are generated automatically, and the usual dzil tricks and
more I can add to Makefile.PL manually. See
http://blogs.perl.org/users/rurban/2012/02/extutilsmakemaker-make-release.html