[pm-h] "How to write a developer CV/resume that will get you hired" (slides)

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon Nov 10 06:01:12 PST 2014

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 06:34:22 -0600
"B. Estrade via Houston" <houston at pm.org> wrote:

> I just happened to see this on HN.
>
> These slides use a Perl-heavy resume as an example and seem to have
> some very good tips.
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/perlcareers/how-to-write-a-developer-cvrsum-that-will-get-you-hired

Thanks for posting this.

I was really expecting this to be bad. As someone who has done
interviewing and hiring in the past, I've seen some really lousy resume
advice.

Although this contradicts some of the professional resume advice I've
seen, I like its handling of programmer-specific resumes better. The
point about audience may be the most important point of all.

Results are what you wanted, consequences are what you got.
                                                 -- Michael VanDusen