[pm-h] Discussion about delimiters for m//

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 22:49:38 PST 2014

> The funny thing about Perl is that the code you write seems to stick around a lot longer than you > would have imagined.

It's not just Perl.  Pretty much any code I've written for $JOB that does something useful tends to take on a life of its own.

I think it is both insane and wonderful that Perl allows one to match a regex using a literal 'm' as delimiter.  I tend to use m|| myself but I know m{} is also in vogue.

Mark