[pm-h] September Houston.pm Meeting: An Intro to the Qore Language for Perl Programmers

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 08:02:45 PDT 2011

Thank you, Wade.

If you'd like to check out the language, you may get it at:

	http://qore.org/downloads-mainmenu-15

It's in MacPorts and FreeBSD ports, too. I maintain the FreeBSD port
myself, though it's a minor version behind at the moment.

Probably the most compelling feature of this language for me is that
it offers native SMP threading support.

	http://qore.org/manual/qore.html#Threading

I'll send out a link to the presentation a day or so before the
meeting.

And FWIW, the lead developer and creator of the language is a native
Houstonian who now resides in Europe.

Feel free to send me questions off list.

Cheers,
Brett

B. Estrade <estrabd at gmail.com>