[pm-h] Perl Mongers meeting times

Haufler, Wayne A Wayne.A.Haufler at boeing.com
Mon Jun 29 08:32:15 PDT 2009

1. Which days of the week would be good for you to attend Houston.pm
meetings?

2. What times of the day would you be willing to attend Houston.pm
meetings?

3. Would you come to the meeting if we changed the time/date?

4. Would you come to the meeting if we changed the location? If so,
where would you like to see the meetings?

I think you'd see a big jump in attendance (including mine) if you
opened it up to virtual attendance, that is, setup a Webex session or
some such.  I brought this up before and I understand there are
challenges, but there are also more tools and services (web-based) that
provide for this (GoToMeeting.com?).  I'd think most of us may even be
willing to pay a modest club dues to pay for this.

Advantages include gas money savings and drive time savings

Disadvantages include less natural / more awkward conversations, less
face-to-face networking (though those with webcams might could use
them).  Ok, I think there was a show-stopper or two when I brought this
up last, but I forget, and am too lazy to look it up right now.

Of course, virtual meetings might drastically reduce the number of
physical attendees.

Thanks,
------------------------------
-- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
Wayne A. Haufler
Senior Software Engineer (SE)
In Space Shuttle Program (SSP)
Backup Flight System (BFS)
Displays & Controls Requirements Analyst
Boeing, NASA Systems, Houston
Voice: 	281-226-8626 , Cubicle: 5475
E-mail: wayne.a.haufler at boeing.com
Boeing Toastmaster (Club 4908):  VP Education

End of Houston Digest, Vol 55, Issue 4