[pm-h] DBIX::Class - blobs

todd.e.rinaldo at jpmorgan.com todd.e.rinaldo at jpmorgan.com
Tue Apr 15 05:57:57 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've taken the plunge and am attempting to grok DBIx::Class, with respect to Sybase. 2 bugs are hindering my progress. The latter has got me at a pause. I know in one of the Catalyst/DBIx::Class presentations given (I think it was Robert's?), a solution was provided for it.

1. Sybase goes nanners when you try to quote a numeric in a where clause. DBIx::Class seems to insist on doing this. So for instance, column XXX is numeric, so in my DBIC code I have: XXX => 5 for my search criteria. But DBIC wants to execute the following SQL: where XXX = "5". This makes Sybase complain that I can't do the comparison without an explicit convert call. I'm working around this by doing a really ugly thing in DBIC code:   XXX => \' = 1'.

2. The real stumper is automatically decoding a blob value and inflating it into the column. At the moment, I'm just stabbing at it. Can someone give me an example of how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Todd

Generally, this communication is for informational purposes only
and it is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase
or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation
of any transaction. In the event you are receiving the offering
materials attached below related to your interest in hedge funds or
private equity, this communication may be intended as an offer or
solicitation for the purchase or sale of such fund(s).  All market
prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice.
Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect
those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.
disclosures relating to UK legal entities.