[pm-h] Houston Digest, Vol 22, Issue 7 : Upcoming Topics AND Social Meetings

Haufler, Wayne A Wayne.A.Haufler at boeing.com
Mon Sep 18 07:43:12 PDT 2006

I have been reading Perl Best Practices (highly recommended)
and thus am very interested in Perl::Critic as a topic.

At work (Boeing contracted to NASA), we use WebEx occasionally
for teleconferences and e-meetings.  Actually, we use WebEx
for sharing the presentation and a phone teleconference
center for the audio portion of the meeting.

I don't know if WebEx is a good choice for home use, or
if setting up for such group meetings as ours is easy
and cheap or not, but I think many more of us would attend
if we could attend electronically.  I don't even know
if broadband connectivity is available at the meeting
location.  Let's take advantage of the technology.

I don't suggest replacing the physical meeting, but
supplementing it with something like WebEx.
Of course, this does not help with Social Meetings,
but might help spur the desire to attend them.

Anyone familiar with setting up such a teleconference
that is feasible for this group?

BTW, I am looking into asking Boeing to be a YAPC sponsor.
No promises.

Thanks,
-- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
Wayne A. Haufler
Senior Software Engineer (SE)
In Space Shuttle Program (SSP)
Backup Flight System (BFS) Tools Group
Boeing, NASA Systems, Houston
Voice: 	281-226-8626 , Cubicle: 1C23
E-mail: wayne.a.haufler at boeing.com
Skills    :  Unix,C,C++,Perl,SQL,QNX,X-Windows

(Disclaimer: The comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not
represent the view of  Boeing, United Space Alliance, JSC, or NASA.)